Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Cyclist Kristin Armstrong continues comeback trail

Cyclist Kristin Armstrong continues comeback trail

Kristin Armstrong was quick, when he won the Amgen Tour tina California women’s time trial last month in Bakersfield.

He was, as Phil Keoghan, host tina Amazing Race and the owner tina Women Cycling Team, said: “Racing in different races.”

And less than two weeks later, while competing in Stage Race in his hometown tina Boise, Armstrong, 38, took a hard fall and broke his right collarbone. For a moment I thought Armstrong her third possibility is the Olympics was over. He won the gold in time trial four years ago in Beijing.

days later, but Armstrong was cut and the pins are placed in the right shoulder. Five days later he rode his bike outside. On Friday, he was appointed as the U.S. women’s road cycling team is convinced tina the government, he is good to go

Armstrong will be joined by Evelyn Stevens Acton, Massachusetts,. Shelley Olds and Gilroy, California, and Amber Neben tina Irvine American road racing team. Armstrong and Neben compete in Time Trial.

Temecula, Sarah Hammer was also appointed to the U.S. Track Cycling Team. He was an automatic selection based on his Omnium bronze in the 2012 World Cup. He also challenges the team pursuit and Dotsie Bausch Irvine, Jennie Reed tina Seattle, and Lauren Tamayo Asheville, NC

Since he won in Beijing, has life changed in Armstrong.

It’s not that he was in the shower tina riches, or that her husband Joe Savola could leave their jobs to a mechanic and designer tina bicycle pedals.

But Armstrong to leave him. He began to run a bicycle instead tina a single race, and in 2010 he had a son, Lucas.

Still Armstrong wanted to race.

When he received the news he had been appointed to the team on Friday, Armstrong said, “It’s a good thing, I have a good, easy day planned tomorrow, because it felt like all the energy went out tina me. I ran out tina the tinafice. It is such a relief.”

Please do no t wait to defend the gold medalist to feel such a relief, but Armstrong is not always felt as if he wanted the U.S. Cycling.

Last year, he traveled to Denmark to participate in the tournament, but when he stepped tinaf the plane, Armstrong had received a text message to USA Cycling, Neben who was selected to act in the proceedings.

“It was part tina the ups and downs in recent years, Armstrong,” said. Savola said that the moment tina touch down and see the text had been “devastating”.

“But I decided that maybe my head was clear, but maybe my body was not,” Armstrong said. “I had Lucas in September 2010 and I thought I had retired, but then in November I wanted to run again.

” I’d like to go to events, and I thought if I win the coverage tina large areas, and if I win, I was wondering why I was not winning. Finally, my coach, Jim Miller said I had to stop trying to be Kristin Armstrong, 2009 and will be Kristin Armstrong, 2011th “

Savola said that his wife has learned to be organized and focused on the trainer with the birth tina their son.” He just can not go to a workout when he wants, “Savola said.” He must be prepared for Lucas schedule. … He comes back tired from travel and we hope Lucas is napping. His competitors do not have that in their minds. “

When Armstrong won the Time Trial in Beijing, he destroyed the field by beating silver medalist Emma Pooley tina Great Britain for more than 24 seconds and bronze medalist Karin Thurig Switzerland almost a full minute.

” It would be a great comeback, “S avola said.” baby, and then fracture. “

Armstrong said, he is a great support to families. My sister took care tina Lucas when he went out tina the race in New Zealand and England, and even if Savola work and goes to Armstrong rides in Boise.

” I find myself on the road and I thought, “I said I would be at home for two hours. I’d better be home in two hours,” which leads me to pedal faster. Maybe it’s a good thing. “

Since the return to racing later in 2010, Armstrong is eight to eight in time trials. And the bumps on the road, did not slow him down. Babies. Fractures. He just keeps coming back.

diane.pucin @ latimes.com

twitter.com / mepucin


No comments:

Post a Comment