Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Juan Uribe is a star Dodgers '7 -2 Braves victory

Juan Uribe is a star Dodgers '7 -2 Braves victory

Maybe Juan Uribe is not ready.

He certainly took it last year when he hit .204 in his injury shortened first Dodgers season. He did not change many minds in spring training, when manager Don Mattingly spoke of the possibility of too much to replace 33-year-old to start the third Baseman.

But 17 games in 2012 season, Uribe is batting .286.

Uribe had his best game as Dodger on Monday night, collecting four hits, driving three runs and scoring two in series-opening 7-2 victory Atlanta Braves at Dodger Stadium.

“I’ve always been a Christian,” Uribe said. “I knew inside I could do it. I’ve always had faith inside me. How to play baseball, what I love to do. How to play baseball, I want to do.”

For Dodgers had a rare game in which Matt Kemp and Ethier Others were not heroes. This name belonged to the players on the bottom line-up: Uribe, James Loney andA.J. Ellis.

Loney had two out of three with a double, walk and two runs made.

Ellis had two four two runs batted in

The trio’s total production led to Uribe something unusual: he praised fans in Dodger Stadium. Loudly.

What was left of the number 26.376 fans were on their feet when Uribe came to the plate in his last at-bat of the eighth inning. When you format a loaded, Uribe thrown the ball to the right field and drove the Dodgers’ two for the competition.

“I have heard them,” Uribe said the fans. “They have treated me well. They have helped me to come here and do my work. “

The game was Uribe’s fourth multi-hit game season. Last time he was a four-hit game was a generation ago, September 8, 2007. He played the Chicago White Sox time.

“It was important to me that I had four hits,” Uribe said. “It was important to me is the fact that we won. I am happy because we won. I am happy because I was able to help the team. “

He could not do it last year, what was his first year of a three-year, $ 21 mill ion contract.

He was injured most of the season. When he was injured, he did not hit.

“It’s nice, because he is a good teammate,” Mattingly says. “The boys love him. He is always a smile on his face. He continues to play defense well for us. “

Of course, Kemp and Ethier were still hits.

Kemp was two for three with a run and walk. His average rose to .460.

Ethier had three or four, and drive to raise an average of 0308. He drove the Dodgers’ first use.

Veteran starter Chris Capuano had his best start Dodgers. He avoids the usual mid-game fade and the Braves held in one run and six hits seven innings.

The Dodgers by opponents of Atlanta is the only one who has won a record today. Dodgers, who remained unbeaten at home (7-0), seemed to welcome the challenge.

“We think we are in good company, and we’ll find out,” Mattingly said.

dylan.hernandez @ latimes.com


No comments:

Post a Comment