Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Pat Summit is different from Tennessee women's basketball coach

Pat Summit is different from Tennessee women's basketball coach

Pat Summit, winningest coach in the history of college basketball is stepping down as the University of Tennessee women’s coach, the school announced on Wednesday.

Summit, which was found less than a year ago, age, dementia and Alzheimer’s disease, takes the title of “coach emeritus.” He replaces Holly Warlick, who has served as an assistant Summit 27 times of the year.

“I’ve loved to be Tennessee head coach is 38 years, but I admit that it is time to move forward and adopt a new role,” Summit said the university statement. “I am Holly Warlick named the next head coach, and I want to help ensure stability in the program in the future. I want to stress that I fully intend to continue as the head coach emeritus, mentoring and teaching life skills to our players, and I will continue an active role as a representative of the fight against Alzheimer’s Pat Summit Foundation Fund.

“If someone asks me to find by observation of practice, or in my office. Coaching is a great passion for life and my work for me has always been the opportunity to work with the student-athletes and help them find what they want. I will continue my passion for them. I love my players and my coaches, and it’s not going to change. “

Summit has been coaching the Lady Vols 38-year period, which the team has eight national championships, 18 Final Four appearances, 16 seconds in the titles (both regular season and tournament), and a record of 1098-208. He was the SEC coach of the year eight times and the NCAA as a coach in seven times.

“It is very difficult to adequately express what Pat Summit has led the University of Tennessee, sports basketball, and the growth of women’s athletics nationally,” said school principal and director of athletics Dave Hart. “He is an icon that does not see themselves in that light, and his legacy is well defined, and eternal. Just as there will never be another John Wooden, there will never be another Pat Summit. I look forward to continuing to work with him in his new role. He is an inspiration to all. “

Warlick was three times All-American as the Lady Vol players Summit. He has been coaching staff for all eight NCAA titles.

” I am very grateful to all, Pat Summit have done to prepare me for this opportunity, “Warlick said.” He is my coach, mentor and good friend, and I have the honor to continue and to increase the tradition of this program, “

ALSO:.

Kentucky starters to declare all the NBA draft

It is quite a buzz about Shabazz Muhammad

It is said that he made allegations of Syracuse is a great Bernie

Pat Summit differs from the Tennessee women’s basketball coach


No comments:

Post a Comment